Dental and maxillofacial deformity is a common oral disease of children.
people usually say that the teeth are not neat, tiger teeth, ground covering the sky, and overdentures, etc., which is called dental and maxillofacial deformity in medicine Tooth and jaw deformity results in irregular arrangement of teeth, and the difficulty of oral cleaning easily leads to caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, etc. in serious cases, it will also lead to abnormal growth and development of maxillofacial and temporomandibular joint diseases, affect mastication function, digestion and absorption, and harm the development and health of the whole body. What are the specific hazards of
1. The uneven teeth are easy to grow caries and calculus, and affect the health of teeth and periodontium.
teeth are crowded together, the self-cleaning effect of teeth is poor, and the brushing effect is not good. It is difficult for the meticulous people to brush thoroughly with the softer toothbrush, and the food residue and plaque are not easy to remove These spaces full of food are good places for bacteria to grow and form a dental plaque attached to the tooth surface. The smooth tooth surface of
will gradually become rough, corrosion and collapse will form cavities, and caries will occur. The plaque of
will stimulate the gums, causing redness and swelling of the gums, bleeding at the touch, the gums will gradually shrink, the roots will be gradually exposed, and periodontitis will follow
Dental deformities such as irregular teeth are prone to dental diseases such as caries (insect teeth), calculus (tartar), gingivitis (gingival bleeding), etc., which can develop into periodontal diseases seriously, causing tooth loosening and falling off.
2. The arrangement of teeth that affect oral function is not good, or the relationship between the upper and lower dental arches is not harmonious. When opening and closing mouth, muscles need to pay more efforts, and the movement of the mandibular joint is abnormal. Over time, the joint will be damaged: pain, opening and closing clicking sound, and in serious cases, opening and closing mouth is not allowed
Some dentomaxillary deformities, such as the unclear articulation of anterior teeth opening and closing; the contact area of patients with reverse occlusion and locked occlusion is smaller than that of normal people, and the masticatory efficiency is greatly reduced; the deep overbite occlusion will have an impact on the mandibular movement, making the movement joint of Mandible – temporomandibular joint abnormal, causing pain, and making the facial muscles easy to fatigue.
3. If the tooth and jaw deformities that affect the facial beauty during the growth and development of children cannot be corrected in time, it will affect the development of oral and facial soft and hard tissues, cause obvious facial deformities, grow into pocket teeth, tile face, facial asymmetry, etc.
The teeth are crowded and uneven, and the height is staggered, which naturally makes people feel very indecent. The influence of the jaw deformity of
on the appearance is even more obvious.
a gentle and beautiful girl has a protruding jaw, and her image will be greatly reduced. A tall boy’s jaw is small and then shrinks, and there will be less handsome.
what’s more, the face is crooked to one side.
4. The reduction of masticatory function caused by tooth and jaw deformity will increase the burden of gastrointestinal tract, and it will cause dyspepsia or gastrointestinal disease if the time is long; the oral diseases such as caries, gingivitis and periodontal disease caused by tooth and jaw deformity will cause myocarditis, nephritis and other systemic diseases when the body’s immunity is low
Poor occlusal relationship between the upper and the lower, decreased masticatory function, increased gastrointestinal burden, will affect the function of the digestive system and general health.
5. Serious malocclusion that affects mental health, such as opening and closing, anti closing and so on, will affect pronunciation and daily language communication, and cause great psychological pressure.
some people have inferiority complex because of tooth and jaw deformity, which seriously affects mental health.