There are many bad habits that can cause children’s dentomaxillary deformity. Parents, kindergartens and school teachers should know about them, which is of great significance to prevent children’s dentomaxillary.
1. Habit of sucking fingers: lead to the deformity of open occlusion, narrow arch of dental arch, high arch of palatal lid, protrusion of upper anterior teeth, open lip and open teeth, and distal and middle malocclusion. Callose and finger bending can also occur on fingers
2. Bad habit of tongue opening: partial occlusion of anterior teeth can be formed; tongue licking habit can make anterior teeth incline to lip side and appear gap; tongue extending habit can easily cause occlusion of anterior teeth and mandibular protrusion deformity.
3. Bad habit of biting the lower lip: it can cause the upper anterior teeth to incline towards the lip and appear the space between teeth, the lingual side of the lower anterior teeth to incline and crowd, and the face is characterized by open lips, exposed teeth, anterior process of the upper anterior teeth and posterior contraction of the lower anterior teeth, etc.; while the habit of biting the upper lip is easy to form the mandibular protrusion, anterior teeth crossbite (covering the sky) and other deformities.
4. Bite habit: it can form small open occlusion in specific part of the arch.
5. Open mouth breathing habits: it can cause narrow upper arch, high arch of palatal lid, anterior process of maxillary teeth or uneven crowding, even lead to open lips and open teeth, gingival hypertrophy and hyperplasia, gingival bleeding.
The best age for orthodontics
There is a certain relationship between the orthodontic treatment and age. Each tooth age has its indications for orthodontic treatment, that is to say, different malocclusion should be treated in different age groups
As a common malocclusion, crowding of dentition usually does not begin to be corrected in the period of tooth replacement.
because the jaw is developing in the period of tooth replacement, the severity of crowding is not clear at last, and it is difficult to judge whether the tooth extraction should be performed Even if extraction is necessary, the extracted teeth may not have erupted, so the crowding of dentition will not be treated until the replacement of all primary teeth.
even if the crowding of teeth has been shown in the period of replacement, it is not necessary to rush for treatment, because even if the crowding is severe and disordered, it will achieve satisfactory effect after extraction in the period of permanent teeth.
The growth and development process of
men and women is different. Generally, girls are earlier than boys, girls are usually 11-12 years old, boys are 12-13 years old and all the primary teeth are replaced. This is a good time to start to correct most of the malocclusions.
if the treatment plan is to make use of the growth and development potential of jaws, girls are generally earlier than boys
However, some malocclusions, such as anterior crossbite, should be corrected as early as possible so as not to affect the normal development of the jaw. The early skeletal malocclusion of
should also start to take some corrective measures in the period of tooth replacement or even in the period of deciduous teeth to control the growth of the jaw.
Some serious bone malocclusions with obvious genetic tendency can be treated with orthodontic methods and surgery after bone development is mature, which has achieved more satisfactory and stable results.
in a word, the best time for correction of different malocclusions should be determined by orthodontists after comprehensive examination and diagnosis.
In summer vacation, students’ body and mind are relaxed. Parents should pay more attention to their children’s teeth. For the “little crooked teeth” with problems, summer vacation is the best period for correction. In this period of time, orthodontics for children can easily help children through the period of correction and adaptation